hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottinghuis, Joep" <jrottingh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 02:14:56 GMT
Yes, the Eclipse contrib is skipped unless eclipse.home is set.
See: src/contrib/eclipse-plugin/build.xml lines 47-50

<!-- Skip building if eclipse.home is unset. -->
  <target name="check-contrib" unless="eclipse.home">
    <property name="skip.contrib" value="yes"/>
    <echo message="eclipse.home unset: skipping eclipse plugin"/>
  </target>

When this happens you should be able to see the string "skipping eclipse plugin" in the console
output.

However, turning on Eclipse build without any changes will result in a build failure on branch-0.20-security
as well as in release-0.20.203.0-rc0.
We resolved this on a similar internal branch by applying "alex-HADOOP-3744.patch" as attached
in MAPREDUCE-1280.

This leads me to two questions:
1) How would I indicate that this Jira should be applied to this branch? Open a new jira?
Re-open the existing jira and adding affects/fix versions?
2) How does one typically indicate which of the several patches is actually the one to be
applied?

Owen has already applied at least one of these.
I'll try to reconcile the other patches we have applied to our internal branch and follow
the recommended process for these to suggest them for the 203 release.

Thanks,

Joep