hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 16:07:09 GMT

On May 1, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> I would like to see CI setup on this branch before we release anything from it.  I've
copied the 0.20 build config and tried running it on this branch, but getting a native compile
failure: https://builds.apache.org/hudson/view/G-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-0.20.203-Build/1/console

An Apache CI build is a nice to have, but clearly isn't required.

It looks to be failing on the standard libc functions. Which distribution and version of Linux
is it? Which version of gcc and libc are you using? You are probably going to need to log
in and build by hand to see what is going on in that environment.

I compiled it on:
  RedHat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4
  gcc 4.1.2
  automake 1.9.6
  autoconf 2.59

-- Owen