hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 06:00:09 GMT
On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Arun C Murthy <arunc@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Eli,
>
> On Apr 30, 2011, at 7:19 PM, "Eli Collins" <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> Seems like we need to do this before releasing 0.20.203 to prevent
>> blocking the upcoming 0.22 release, due to it being a regression
>> against the stable release (the sooner a release from trunk can
>> replace a 0.20 based release the better).
>>

> I don't see the issue - we can just mark the appropriate jiras as blockers on 0.22 or
0.23 as necessary and release 0.20.203, correct? The RMs for the releases and the rest of
us can help make that distinction. As everyone agrees we need to get back into the habit of
making timely and progressive releases, both 0.20.203 & 0.22 are steps in the same direction.

Marking those issues as blockers for the next release (0.22) slows
down the next release. As you say we should be doing things that help
us make timely and progressive releases from trunk, this does the
opposite, if I understand correctly.

Thanks,
Eli