hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 04:43:54 GMT
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 16:56, Arun C Murthy <acm@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> On May 2, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>

>> On May 2, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Tom White wrote:
>>
>>> I just did a quick search, and these are the JIRAs that are in 0.20.2
>>> but appear not to be in 0.20.203.0.
>>>

>> Thanks Tom.
>>
>> I did a quick analysis:
>>
>> # Remaining for 0.20.203
>>  * HADOOP-5611
>>  * HADOOP-5612
>>  * HADOOP-5623
>>  * HDFS-596
>>  * HDFS-723
>>  * HDFS-732
>>  * HDFS-579
>>  * MAPREDUCE-1070
>>  * HADOOP-6315
>>  * MAPREDUCE-1163
>>  * HADOOP-5759
>>  * HADOOP-6269
>>  * HADOOP-6386
>>  * HADOOP-6428
>>

> Owen, Suresh and I have committed everything on this list except
> HADOOP-6386 and HADOOP-6428. Not sure which of the two are
> relevant/necessary, I'll check with Cos.  Other than that hadoop-0.20.203
> now a superset of hadoop-0.20.2.

I have looked somewhat more into these two JIRAs and if I remember correctly
this fix causes a rolling port side effect in TT and it has been reverted in
0.20.200 (Y! Fred? release) because Ops weren't happy about this (I am sure
you can check internal Git to cross-verify my recollection).

Considering above, these might be better left outside of the release and,
perhaps, they should be reverted in trunk as well.

Cos