hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 04:39:10 GMT

On May 2, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> On May 1, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:
>
>> I would like to see CI setup on this branch before we release anything from it.
I've copied the 0.20 build config and tried running it on this branch, but getting a native
compile failure: https://builds.apache.org/hudson/view/G-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-0.20.203-Build/1/console

> An Apache CI build is a nice to have, but clearly isn't required.
>

> It looks to be failing on the standard libc functions. Which distribution and version
of Linux is it? Which version of gcc and libc are you using? You are probably going to need
to log in and build by hand to see what is going on in that environment.

> I compiled it on:
>  RedHat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4
>  gcc 4.1.2
>  automake 1.9.6
>  autoconf 2.59

The failing Hudson job was using the exact same machine as Hadoop 0.20 which passes fine.

The build machine is using these:
Ubuntu 9.04
gcc 4.3.3
automake 1.10.2
autoconf 2.63

FWIW, after today's commits to the branch, the build now progresses past this problem and
now fails during eclipse-plugin compile.  So I guess it was a real problem.  I've now configured
build failure messages on the branch to come to this list.

Nige