hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 02:20:18 GMT
Eli,

On Apr 30, 2011, at 7:19 PM, "Eli Collins" <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Seems like we need to do this before releasing 0.20.203 to prevent
> blocking the upcoming 0.22 release, due to it being a regression
> against the stable release (the sooner a release from trunk can
> replace a 0.20 based release the better).

I don't see the issue - we can just mark the appropriate jiras as blockers on 0.22 or 0.23
as necessary and release 0.20.203, correct? The RMs for the releases and the rest of us can
help make that distinction. As everyone agrees we need to get back into the habit of making
timely and progressive releases, both 0.20.203 & 0.22 are steps in the same direction.

thanks,
Arun