hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Shine <Dave.Sh...@channelintelligence.com>
Subject RE: mapreduce.job.split.metainfo.maxsize misspelled in mapred-default.xml
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:20:04 GMT
Does this mean I can change the metainfo maxsize by mapreduce.jobtracker.split.metainfo.maxsize?
 I tried changing mapreduce.job.split.metainfo.maxsize with no effect.  Now I understand why.

Thanks,
Dave Shine

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Naseef [mailto:mtnaseef.rp@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:50 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: mapreduce.job.split.metainfo.maxsize misspelled in mapred-default.xml

I just noticed that "mapreduce.job.split.metainfo.maxsize" is given in
mapred-default.xml while the code in
./org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/server/jobtracker/JTConfig.java is:
  public static final String JT_MAX_JOB_SPLIT_METAINFO_SIZE =
  "mapreduce.jobtracker.split.metainfo.maxsize";

I'm looking at hadoop-mapreduce trunk as pulled from SVN earlier today.

I'd be happy to apply this myself if I can figure out the procedure: Create
a JIRA and submit a patch? Do I need to be granted access to create a JIRA?

Mike

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized
review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.