hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vandana Kanchanapalli <vandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Error: Call failed on local exception
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:01:37 GMT
Hi Hadoopers,

I am stuck at trying to access the Hadoop HDFS from Eclipse. I'm using
Eclipse 3.3.1(Europa) and hadoop-0.18.0. hadoop is accessed from the
user-group 'hadoop' whereas eclipse from the user-group 'vandana'. The port
numbers used for my dfs and mapreduce job tracker  are 54310 and 54311
respectively. I have entered these values at hadoop locations window in
eclipse-Mapreduce platform. Master Node is 'localhost'. The user name I have
given is 'hadoop'. While trying to connect to this dfs I am getting an error
: Call failed on local exception.

Please help me solve the problem. I am using yahoo developer networks as a
tutorial, but not using the virtual machine concept. Hadoop is running on
the local host itself.

-Thank You,
Vandana