hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Rakhi Mulchandani <rakhi.mulchand...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Query on map reduce- with humble request
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:09:42 GMT
Hi

I'm Rakhi Mulchandai.
I have sent a mail for my queries to info@cloudera.com  and then I got a reply from Omer Trajman
about that.
He suggested me to request queries to u.
Please find the attachment for the mail I got from Omer Trajman.
Actually Since few months I'm working on hadoop c++ and hadoop java with cloudera dev environment.
Might be if I m mistaken u can correct me as I know in hadoop there is strong APIs for java
map reduce rather than c++ map reduce.
Actually our most of the applications are in c++ so I'm trying to use c++ more than java.
I have some queries regarding that and it'll be so kind if u can have a look.
I'll be highly thankful to u.
My queries are as follows:

1.       Actually I want to know that is there any way to create multiple files in output
in c++ map reduce as in java we can do it.

I want to create multiple output files from reducer with different or same key

We can use MultipleTextOutputFormat<Text, Text> class for doing the same in java.

2.       Is it possible to provide output file name(as we get part-00000, part-00001 and so
on in c++ map reduce) as in java we can do.
Thanks

Regards
Rakhi Mulchandani
Associate Software Engineer | Impetus Infotech (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Desk:91-731-4269300-4831 | Mobile:91-94068-59659

Are you exploring a Big Data Strategy ? Listen to this recorded webinar on Planning your Hadoop/
NoSQL projects for 2011 at www.impetus.com/featured_webinar?eventid=37

Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling or visit www.impetus.com to know more.

or interference.