hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Segel, Mike" <mse...@navteq.com>
Subject Re: google snappy
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:03:47 GMT
Lol...
It's already in the works...

Sent from my Palm Pre , Please excuse any spelling errors.

________________________________
On Mar 23, 2011 11:53 AM, Weishung Chung <weishung@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey my fellow hadoop/hbase developers,

I just came across this google compression/decompression package yesterday,
could we make a good use of this compression scheme in hadoop? It's written
in C++ though.

http://code.google.com/p/snappy/

<http://code.google.com/p/snappy/>I haven't looked close into this snappy
package yet but i would love to know about the differences compared to LZO.

Thank you,
Wei Shung

or paper files.