hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop Testing?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:58:40 GMT
We just have pushed an update of stack validation framework (the one
Roman and I have  presented at eBay a few weeks ago) which allows you
to formalize and simplify Hadoop testing. This is still a pre-Beta
stage (e.g. no user docs are ready yet), but it is working and has a
lot of merit in it as of now. This framework allows you to seamlessly
reuse a existing Hadoop oriented test-artifacts available from variety
of components such as Pig, Sqoop, Hadoop proper, Hive, etc.

Pl. check github.com/cloudera/iTest - more is coming daily. And feel
free to contribute ;)

  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:48, Anandkumar R <anand83.r@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I am Anandkumar, working as a test engineer in eBay and we use Hadoop
> extensively to store our log. I am in situation to validate or test our Data
> perfectly reaching the Hadoop infrastructure or not. could anyone of you
> recommend me the best testing methodologies and if there is any existing
> framework for testing Hadoop, please recommend to me.
> My scenario is simple of Client will dump millions of data to Hadoop, I need
> to validate that the data has reached Hadoop perfectly and also there is not
> Data loss and also other testing like scalability and reliability.
> Anticipating your support
> Thanks,
> Anandkumar

View raw message