hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From bikash sharma <sharmabiks...@gmail.com>
Subject modification to Hadoop Jobtracker
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:59:12 GMT
Hi,
For my research project, I need to modify Hadoop JobTracker to collect some
statistics of TaskTracker nodes.
For example, I would like to piggy-back heartbeat messages sent from
TaskTrackers to JobTracker with some extra information related to the
resource utilization and other statistics.
I am able to checkout Hadoop common code base and build in Eclipse.
Specifically, which files should I look at, and after the above mentioned
modification, how to collect the statistics?

Thanks,
Bikash