hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From David Saile <da...@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject Setting up Hadoop in Eclipse
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:20:08 GMT
Hi list,

I am having problems setting up Hadoop for Eclipse. I followed the
instructions under:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

Since I want to debug MapReduce jobs in distributed mode, I decided to
check out common, hdfs and mapreduce from SVN. This leaves me with
three different projects:
  -hadoop-trunk
  -hdfs-trunk
  -mapreduce-trunk

Building them as described in the above tutorial worked fine. I am also
able to start the filesystem executing bin/start-dfs.sh in the hdfs-trunk
project.

In order to start mapreduce, I now navigate to the mapreduce-trunk
project, and execute bin/start-mapred.sh.

However this causes a
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem
		at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1161)
		at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1798)
		…

Is it correct, to check-out the three components as different projects?
Does anyone have a working configuration for separate projects?

Help would really be appreciated!

David