hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to contribute to hadoop?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:48:08 GMT
On 21/03/11 18:58, shant..... wrote:
> Hi  All,
>
> I m newbie to hadoop and very  much  interested  to learn and contibute..
> Please guide/show me the path , from where should  i start?
>
> Basically  i m a java programmer.

I think it's best to start off as a user of Hadoop, with a problem you
want to solve. Get on the -user lists, learn to use Hadoop. As you use
it, you will see things you want to improve, or find problems that you
want to fix. That's when its time to get involved.

I should warn you that Hadoop is a complicated distributed application,
that makes it much harder to develop and test on than many other parts
of the Apache codebase.

-steve