hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "springring" <springr...@126.com>
Subject Re: how to create a group in hdfs
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:15:50 GMT
Segel,

    I got it, and sorry I just send this mail by "answer all" another mail,
and forget that include hbase.
    Thanks.

Ring

----- Original Message -----
From: "Segel, Mike" <msegel@navteq.com>
To: <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "Ryan Rawson" <ryanobjc@gmail.com>
Cc: <user@hbase.apache.org>; <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:32 PM
Subject: RE: how to create a group in hdfs

Not sure why this has anything to do with hbase...

The short answer...
Outside of the supergroup which is controlled by dfs.permissions.supergroup,
Hadoop apparently checks to see if the owner is a member of the group you want to use.
This could be controlled by the local machine's /etc/group file, or if you're using NIS or
LDAP, its controlled there.

So you can run the unix shell command groups to find out which group(s) you belong to, and
then switch to one of those.

HTH

-Mike