hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1055684 - /hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20/CHANGES.txt
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 17:44:23 GMT

On Jan 5, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> Is 20.3 a 'dead' release ?
>
> I haven't seen any discussion of this on the apache lists about
> creating a 20.3 release, and kind of goes against all the discussion
> that we recently had with StAck about creating a 'append' release on
> 0.20.

It isn't dead and we've had patches that have been on the branch for a
long time. It was just that no one had decided to make it. After
seeing more people using 0.20.2, I decided to get that release out. I
should have posted to the dev list first, but the branch seemed very
quiet so I didn't think it was a big deal, sorry about that.

> I'm not against 20.3, but I would like to see some discussion and
> not have things reverted out of it without discussion.

I *didn't* revert the change. I just moved the description in
CHANGES.txt to 0.20.4 since the change went in after the 0.20.3rc0
tag. In fact, I have since found a bug in 0.20.3rc0 and so I will
include h-1734 in the 0.20.3rc1.

To prevent future race conditions, let me formally be the RM for
0.20.3. Please check with me before any commits to the 0.20 branch.

-- Owen