hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "A. Rasoolioskooei" <ras...@univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject Developing Hadoop in Eclipse
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:27:39 GMT
Hi,

I want to implement a new scheduling algorithm for Hadoop.

So far I could install and work with SVN hadoop repository in Eclipse. As I know, in the new
version of hadoop (0.21.0), it is possible to checkout one of MApReduce, HDFS, or Common projects.
I checked out MapReduce one, and I could build it and every thing was fine. However, when
I want to run my hadoop project in a cluster mode, I have problem. Because my project does
not include the bin/hadoop file. Could you please help me through this?

Also, I am wondering if it is possible to build the project from one of the released versions
(not using subversive one). I tried to do so, and I just build a new java project from the
existing source. But every time I run the build.xml, the build is failed.

Best Regards,
Aysan

Aysan Rasooli, Ph.D. Candidate
Information and Technology Building, Room 207
McMaster University,
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON., Canada L8S 4K1

Tel: +1-905-525-9140 (ext. 23144)