hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Rawan AlSaad <rawan.als...@hotmail.com>
Subject FileInputFormat.setInputPaths Problem
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 19:51:30 GMT

Dear all,

I would very much appreciate your advise on this problem [I am using Hadoop 20.0]:

I need to know how to pass the input folder path to the java class throught the function(
FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path("input"))

I have tried many alternatives to change the second argument of this method but could not
solve the problem.

The input folder is loaded into the HDFS using the command line from the VM and it contains
two text files

I am sure that the folder is there in this directory /user/guest/input

And here is the error message I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;[Lorg/apache/hadoop/fs/Path;)V
at WordCount.main(WordCount.java:68)

Thanks in advance,

Rawan