hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Rawan AlSaad <rawan.als...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: FileInputFormat.setInputPaths Problem
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 16:27:32 GMT

Thank you for your suggestion, but it will not work since the only available method is addInputPaths
and no method for addInputPath!

I am using only one path at a time, currently trying to use these two lines and getting the
below error:

FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path(args[0]));
FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new Path(args[1]));

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at WordCount.main(WordCount.java:53)

Any more suggestions???

Thanks,
Rawan

> From: qwertymaniac@gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 21:20:24 +0530
> Subject: Re: FileInputFormat.setInputPaths Problem
> To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Hi,
>
> 2010/12/4 Rawan AlSaad <rawan.alsaad@hotmail.com>:
> > I need to know how to pass the input folder path to the java class throught the
function( FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf, new Path("input"))