hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Shine <Dave.Sh...@channelintelligence.com>
Subject hadoop.tmp.dir
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 20:57:32 GMT
On a production cluster, is it acceptable to have the following properties set to subfolders
of hadoop.tmp.dir? (hadoop.tmp.dir=/tmp/hadoop-hadoop)

                fs.checkpoint.dir
                mapred.local.dir
                mapred.temp.dir

fs.checkpoint.dir seems like it might be a problem, but I'm not sure I fully understand how
the Secondary Name Node and the checkpoint stuff actually works.

Thanks,
Dave Shine
Sr. Software Engineer

1180 Celebration Blvd Suite 101
Celebration FL 34747
Office 321-939-5093
Mobile 407-314-0122
Fax 321-939-5604
dave.shine@channelintellence.com<mailto:dave.shine@channelintellence.com>
http://www.channelintelligence.com<http://www.channelintelligence.com/>

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized
review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.