hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Heap Size for Name Node
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 02:39:07 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM, Dave Shine
<Dave.Shine@channelintelligence.com> wrote:
> How do I change the heap size for the Name Node (and Secondary Name Node) without changing
the heap size for the data nodes, job tracker, and task trackers?

Which version are you using. I am pretty certain that 0.21 and above
have HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS which can be used to set the heap size only
for NameNode. You can check if this option is defined in
hadoop-env.sh.

Thanks
Hemanth

> Thanks,
> Dave Shine
> Sr. Software Engineer
>
> 1180 Celebration Blvd Suite 101
> Celebration FL 34747
> Office 321-939-5093
> Mobile 407-314-0122
> Fax 321-939-5604
> dave.shine@channelintellence.com<mailto:dave.shine@channelintellence.com>
> http://www.channelintelligence.com<http://www.channelintelligence.com/>

> The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized
review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.