hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Native code and autoconf generated files
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 01:41:17 GMT
Hey Noah,

The short answer is use older versions (RHEL/Centos 5) of autotools.

Longer term we need to stop checking in auto-generated files (HADOOP-6436).

This pertains to trunk and all releases btw.

Thanks,
Eli

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@cs.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This question pertains to the 0.21 release.
>
> When adding code to the Hadoop native code library what is the preferred method for regenerating
Makefile.in? I've tried to use autoreconf, but it seems as though my newer version of autotools
is causing compilation problems for the other native code libraries.