hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: What is the correct spelling?
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 02:19:55 GMT
Hi Niels,

Unfortunately this is part of a public facing API, so it's a bit tough to
change without breaking a bunch of dependent code. So, I think despite the
annoying spelling mistake, it's not worth the pain to fix because of the API
breakage :(

If you find other spelling mistakes that are parts of internal APIs, feel
free to file JIRAs and patches to fix!

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Niels Basjes <Niels@basjes.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed that the isSplitable method (and a bunch of other places in
> the Hadoop codebase) writes "splitable" where I would have expected
> "splittable" (two 't' instead of one).
> All spelling functionality I have indicates the 'double t' version is
> correct.
> Should I correct this in the junit test files I'm touching?
> --
> Best regards,
> Niels Basjes

Todd Lipcon