hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From He Chen <airb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop's deafult FIFO scheduler
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:15:40 GMT
I doubt this. According to the execution record. the disk and network
utilization are the same.

At last, if the FCFS scheduler only apply for the setup stage which takes
about several second. This does not mean anything. users who submit their
jobs earlier only ge job setup earlier, but may be delayed for any possible
hardware and software reason? Acutally, most of the job can be finished
following the FIFO sequence. What I am curious is about why some one get in
the FIFO queue at the start point. What is the reason?