hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi-Master Hadoop Configuration
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:06:46 GMT
On 27/10/10 23:28, Wang, Chengwei wrote:
> Thanks for pointing it out!
>
> Because it did not mentioned how may masters in the practice of 4000 nodes, is there
only one master managing 4000 slaves?

Given that you can now get 24 TB worth of HDD in a single server, I
wouldn't worry that much about running out of worker nodes unless you
are feeling very ambitious, as you will have to be well funded to hit
the node limits, and you will probably hit other namenode scalability
limits first, mainly those related to the number of files.