hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Roelofs <roel...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: what happens inside hadoop !!
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:43:18 GMT
Harsh J <qwertymaniac@gmail.com> wrote:

> The source is your friend.

In particular, start with JobTracker.java:  initJob() for Job and
TaskInProgress creation/init, and heartbeat() for Task creation.
TaskTracker.java, JobInProgress.java, TaskInProgress.java, *Task.java,
*TaskRunner.java, *TaskController.java, and JvmManager.java are the
other core MR files, I think.  Internal communication protocols include
InterTrackerProtocol (JT-TT), TaskUmbilicalProtocol (TT-Task), and
HTTP/Jetty (MapTask-ReduceTask and others, I believe).  There are
probably more of them, but those are the ones I've come across so far.

I haven't dug into HDFS.

Greg