hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA 6891
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:26:13 GMT
Thank you, I'll check out the trunk code and move my changes in there.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <amarsri@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Saikat, are you working on branch 0.20 instead of trunk? MultiFileWordCount in branch
0.20 does not work as far as I remember. You should work on trunk instead of branch 0.20,
because HADOOP-6891 is an improvement and cannot go into 0.20 releases. See org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TestMapReduceLocal
in MapReduce project which has a junit test running MultiFileWordCount.

> Thanks
> Amareshwari
>
> On 8/11/10 9:59 AM, "Saikat Kanjilal" <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Folks,I am nearing completion for JIRA 6891 and had a question.  I have written a
Junit test suite using junit 4 that drives all the examples.  This is currently working inside
Eclipse and I will be moving this over to work from the main hadoop ant file.  Almost all
of the examples seem to be working fine, I noticed however that the MultiFileWordCount is
throwing the following exception:
> WARNING: job_local_0001java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable
cannot be cast to org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritableBefore I investigate this further I was
wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, is this example supposed to work right out
of the box (provided of course that you give proper inputs)?  In my case the inputs consist
of files in the input directory and a destination output directory which gets autocreated
by the code.Thanks in advance for your help.