hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject JIRA 6891
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 04:29:40 GMT

Hi Folks,I am nearing completion for JIRA 6891 and had a question.  I have written a Junit
test suite using junit 4 that drives all the examples.  This is currently working inside Eclipse
and I will be moving this over to work from the main hadoop ant file.  Almost all of the examples
seem to be working fine, I noticed however that the MultiFileWordCount is throwing the following
exception:
WARNING: job_local_0001java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable cannot
be cast to org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritableBefore I investigate this further I was wondering
if anyone else has run into this issue, is this example supposed to work right out of the
box (provided of course that you give proper inputs)?  In my case the inputs consist of files
in the input directory and a destination output directory which gets autocreated by the code.Thanks
in advance for your help.
Regards