hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmad Shahzad <ashahz...@gmail.com>
Subject Replacing IPC NIO with Simple Sockets
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:45:55 GMT
Hi All,
         I want to replace the code in Server.java class of hadoop/ipc with
my own socket factory code. The point is that right now what i see in
server.java is that it uses NIO package and serversocketchannels to do work.
I wanted to ask that is it possible that i can convert this code into simple
multi-threaded client server model, in which the server creates a server
socket and waits for connections and it creates a separate thread for each
client connection it receives. If i can do this much than i will be able to
replace simple sockets with my own socket factory sockets.

Are there any issues with that ???

Regards,
Ahmad