hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 2)
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:32:11 GMT
+1

I verified the checksum & signature and ran some of the example
programs.  I also ran RAT to check that sources are licensed correctly.

I only examined the merged artifact.  Do we need to release the others?

The out-of-box experience isn't great.  There's no documentation at the
top-level telling how to get started.  In a subsequent release we might
add links to the various documents.

Also, 'bin/start-all.sh' warns that one should use start-dfs.sh and
start-mapred.sh instead, but those scripts, out-of-the-box, complain
that that they can't find Common.

There are some empty java source files in the release, namely:

./common/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/ftp/FTPFileSystemConfigKeys.java

./hdfs/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/metrics/NameNodeStatisticsMBean.java
./hdfs/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/metrics/NameNodeStatistics.java
./hdfs/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/metrics/DataNodeStatistics.java
./hdfs/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/datanode/metrics/DataNodeStatisticsMBean.java

These issues should not prevent this release, in my opinion.

Doug