hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 0)
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:12:37 GMT
This is likely a result of how things are now being built post
project-split, but previously, for the hadoop-0.20.x releases there was a
top level build.xml file which would orchestrate building the sub-projects
which were split underneath the src directory, resulting in a final
hadoop-20.x-core.jar. I see now each sub-project (common, hdfs and mapred)
has its own subdirectory off of the root, as opposed to forking under the
src/ directory and in turn their own sub-project jar files and there is
now no aggregated hadoop-x-core.jar file.

I also saw Tom's JIRA with the 0.21 build scripts. My questions are:

1) Is this the way we're going to be building going forward for the
foreseeable future?
2) Could we consider still keeping a top level build file (i.e committing
a variant of tom's scripts) that orchestrates the building of all the
sub-projects?

Kind regards
Steve Watt