hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Contribute
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 04:21:37 GMT

Hi Folks,As I have not heard back from anyone on this topic, I will start this effort by taking
the task on the Project Suggestions page to write junit test cases for the hadoop examples.
 Please let me know if anyone is working on this or has already done this to avoid duplication
and I will pick a different task.
RegardsSaikat

> From: sxk1969@hotmail.com
> To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: Contribute
> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:17:11 -0700
>

> Hi all,I would like to begin contributing to hadoop specifically 1) in writing some of
the test projects and working on one or more of the research projects on the Project Suggestions
wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ProjectSuggestions).  I was wondering how accurate the
current set of tasks are, meaning have any of these tests or research projects already been
started, in general is the Project Suggestions wiki completely up to date.   Also in the research
projects area I am interested in working on either the modelling of block placement task or
the Integration of Virtualization task.  I welcome suggestions from folks on this list on
other ways to contribute as well.