hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris D <chris....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for non-HDFS distributed, shared POSIX FS
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:08:58 GMT
With the following configuration, tasks complete successfully:
1. /mnt1 is the mount point for a shared, distributed FS on all machines
running hadoop.
2. hadoop.tmp.dir = /mnt1/tmp/hadoop
3. fs.default.name = file:///
4. `bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar wordcount /mnt1/input /mnt1/ouput`

top and intuition suggest that each machine is reading from it's own /mnt1
point and that computation is distributed. Thank you very much for the
advice Allen.

Best,
--Chris