hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmad Humayun <ahmad.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS interaction using ThriftFS
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:15:37 GMT
Hi there,

I am trying to use ThriftFS to interact with the HDFS. I am getting quite a
strange problem. Whenever I try to run src/contrib/thriftfs/scripts/hdfs.py,
it seems as if the thrift server is interacting with the local file system
rather than the HDFS (I have checked that the HDFS is running). For example
when invoke "hdfs>> ls /", it returns the root listing of the local linux
file system and not the listing of the HDFS root.

I have a feeling that I am doing something wrong which is pretty basic. Does
anyone have an idea?

Oh by the way, I run hdfs.py without any arguments.

regards,
--
Ahmad Humayun
Graduate Student