hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Halim <felix.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 0)
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:50:39 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Felix, I don't think this is a bug since counters are not stable until
> the job is complete, so the values you see may be zero if you retrieve
> them asynchronously.

Just to clarify.. these counters that are retrieved asynchronously
will be updated as soon as one mapper or reducer completes, right?
Or is it going to be delayed arbitrarily until the job is finished?

BTW, I have a warning when running a job:

10/07/20 17:44:19 WARN conf.Configuration: mapred.task.id is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.task.attempt.id

What causes this warning? I don't use mapred.task.id anywhere in the
configurations...

Felix Halim