hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.21.0 (candidate 0)
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:17:54 GMT
Steve, Yes, this is a consequence of the project split. It's still
possible to build Common, HDFS, MapReduce individually (from their
respective distributions), but I agree it would be nice to be able to
build from the combined distribution. When I create the next RC, I'll
see if I can provide instructions on how to do this.

Felix, I don't think this is a bug since counters are not stable until
the job is complete, so the values you see may be zero if you retrieve
them asynchronously.

PS. I'm travelling/on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so I
won't be working on the next release candidate until August. If anyone
wants to work on the (blocker) JIRAs I listed in my previous email in
this thread then be my guest!

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Felix Halim <felix.halim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> Just want to let you know that back then when I tried to circumvent
> this problem, I used job.submit() and retrieve the counter
> asynchronously. I found out that the counter values always zero during
> the execution (so the job is still running halfway). So, in this case,
> the job is not retired yet, right? so, it might suggest another
> problem?
> Felix Halim
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> A problem was found with Job.getCounters() returning null (see
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1920). I plan to roll
>> a new release candidate when this is fixed.
>> Cheers,
>> Tom
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>> I have created a candidate build for Hadoop 0.21.0. This fixes over
>>> one thousand issues in Common, HDFS, and MapReduce since 0.20.2.
>>> This release is being classified as a minor release, which means that
>>> it is API compatible with 0.20.2.
>>> *** This release candidate has not been tested extensively, so it
>>> should not be considered stable.
>>> *** Please download, test and vote before the vote closes on Thursday 8 July.
>>> http://people.apache.org/~tomwhite/hadoop-0.21.0-candidate-0/
>>> The hadoop-0.21.0.tar.gz file is an old-style combined release which
>>> includes Common, HDFS, and MapReduce.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom
>>> P.S. I have not yet pushed the JARs to Apache's Maven Staging
>>> Repository (see HADOOP-6847), but this shouldn't prevent testing and
>>> voting while it is sorted out.

View raw message