hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop native libs as maven artifacts?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:30:39 GMT
On 2010-07-08 04:14, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> I don't think they are actually missing. They rather were never published
> there. The main reason, I think, is that none of core functionality from
> upstream projects has a dependency on it.

Hm, well - so far we've been getting the tar.gz bundle, which included
both the jars and the native libs.. we are now trying to use maven for
this (or rather ant+ivy), but there's no way to get the native libs this
way - and adding just the native libs as-is sort of defeats the purpose
of using maven artifacts.

What would it take to publish them?

Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><