hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for a 0.21 Hadoop Release
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 07:07:56 GMT
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

> Is this just HADOOP-6685?  Or does it also include MAPREDUCE-1183?

I just meant h-6685.

My instinct would rather be to revert the serialization API changes made
> since 0.20 (mostly HADOOP-6165) if that's not an API we intend to support,
> and not add new APIs at the last minute.

I have the patch almost ready, but it is a fair point that reverting the
previous change is lower risk. I will file an issue. I'm still asking for
the two week extension to look at the other APIs, especially since I'll
largely be offline this week.

-- Owen