hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Klochkov <digg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a patch for src/contrib/cloud scripts
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:11:06 GMT
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Andrew Klochkov <diggerk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And also I'm thinking if it's a good idea to create a "hardware" provider
> > use cloud scripts for hardware (non-cloud) cluster deployment. What do
> you
> > think? Is there a better way to automate hardware  cluster deployment?
>
> That would be a great addition.

Submitted it here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6696

But after I discovered Hadoop On Demand, I'm not sure it worth using
contrib/cloud for hardware clusters deployment. So now I'm going to try HOD,
and probably some configuration management tools like Chef or SmartFrog.

--
Andrew Klochkov