hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Plans for a 0.21 Hadoop Release
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:28:21 GMT
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<awittenauer@linkedin.com> wrote:
> So, does this mean that everything that has been committed for 0.22 is actually going
to be in 0.21?  For example, symlinks were committed to trunk for 0.22 according to JIRA.

Yes. Note that symlinks to date only work with the FileContext API, so
they are not yet integrated with the shell, or MapReduce for example.

> Hmm...... because of JIRA, would it be easier to actually call this release 0.22?

That's what I meant by updating JIRA - bulk changing everything fixed
in 0.22 before the freeze date to be marked as being fixed in 0.21.

Cheers,
Tom