hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Reminder: Feature freeze for Apache Hadoop 0.21
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:01:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

As previously announced the feature freeze date for 0.21 is tomorrow,
Friday 30 April at 5pm PDT. After this time I'll recreate the 0.21
branches in core, HDFS and MapReduce. Once the branches have been made
I would encourage everyone to review and fix the blockers
(http://bit.ly/9UaOTe, http://bit.ly/crOG7I, http://bit.ly/cCS7zw). I
hope we will have something that can be released in a couple of weeks
or so after that.

Cheers,
Tom

P.S. HADOOP-6668 and MAPREDUCE-1623 are patches for the compatibility
annotations that need review - I'd really appreciate it if I could get
these in before the freeze.