hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Pek Daniel <pekdan...@gmail.com>
Subject gsoc
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:58:44 GMT
Hi everyone!

I'm doing my master thesis about hadoop/hbase, hypertable, cassandra,
voldemort and friends. The actual topic is noSQL databases as backends
in various data-access patterns.

In the meantime, I'm going to apply to google summer of code program.
I have faced with some unresolved issues while i was doing my
research, and i thought, maybe it would be a good challange as a GSOC
project, and a great chance to get more familiar with the hadoop
internals.

As far as i know Google's solution for storing static configuration is
Chubby. Hadoop currently suggests manage-scripts for keeping in sync
the xml-files on the nodes' local fs. I think, it would be a great
summer project to make hadoop services able to store their
configuration on ZooKeeper. When a config-file changes, services could
be announced runtime, and do the appropriate thing based on the
change.
What do you think of this idea?

Thanks,
Daniel