hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Release process
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 00:06:45 GMT
> Summarily: given that the APIs are *not* fully functional, preferred
> alternatives in 0.20- we shouldn't base our 1.0 release on it. Do you
> agree? -C

well said, but I still think a release is fine off .20 if we remove the deprecation warnings
(and drop the new apis completely as they add confusion) as the stable apis work great and
we need a well healed 1.0 sooner than later.

but I could be missing the finer points of this argument, so bare with me (or ignore me).

someone once said if you aren't embarrassed by your 1.0, you waited too long.

ckw

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@concurrentinc.com