hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Release process
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:42:49 GMT

On 3/30/10 8:22 PM, "Owen O'Malley" <omalley@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>
>> Another release we might consider is 1.0 based on 0.20.
>
> It is tempting and I think that 0.20 is *really* our 1.0, but I think
> re-labeling a release a year after it came out would be confusing.

By "our" do you mean Yahoo!'s or Apache's?  The fact that there are a *ton*
of admin tool changes/fixes/additions in the Yahoo! Distribution of 0.20
(and quite a few in CDH) should be the big hint that Apache 0.20 is *not*
1.0.

I think it would do the PMC well to actually play with Apache 0.20.2 and
realize how much is missing vs. their in-house distributions.