hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Hitchcock, Andrew" <a...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Compatibility and EMR
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:27:40 GMT
Hi,

At this time Elastic MapReduce only supports Hadoop 0.18.3.

The cluster that stores the 10 TB of data, is that currently running on Amazon EC2?

Regards,
Andrew

On Mar 21, 2010, at 12:23 AM, "ilayaraja" <ilayaraja@rediff.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We 've been using hadoop 15.5 in our production environment where we have about 10 TB
of data stored on the dfs.
> The files were generated as mapreduce output. We want to move our env. to Amazon Elastic
Map Reduce (EMR) which throws the following questions to > us:

> 1. EMR supports only hadoop 19.0 and above. Is it possible to use the current data that
were generated with hadoop 15.5 from hadoop 19.0?

> 2. Or how can we make it possible to use or update to hadoop 19.0 from hadoop 15.5? What
are the issues expected while doing so?