hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "ilayaraja" <ilayar...@rediff.co.in>
Subject Hadoop Compatibility and EMR
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:23:12 GMT
Hi,

We 've been using hadoop 15.5 in our production environment where we have about 10 TB of data
stored on the dfs.
The files were generated as mapreduce output. We want to move our env. to Amazon Elastic Map
Reduce (EMR) which throws the following questions to us:

1. EMR supports only hadoop 19.0 and above. Is it possible to use the current data that were
generated with hadoop 15.5 from hadoop 19.0?

2. Or how can we make it possible to use or update to hadoop 19.0 from hadoop 15.5? What are
the issues expected while doing so?

Regards,
Ilayaraja