hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Amr Awadallah <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Release process
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:34:17 GMT
If I may pitch in briefly here, believe it or not, there is a lot of
enterprises out there whom think that anything that isn't version 1.0
isn't worth considering, let alone deploying (doesn't make sense, but
some people are like that). Hence, from a market adoption point of view,
Apache Hadoop is currently hindered by that. So unless we think Hadoop
isn't operationally ready yet (which I think we agree isn't the case),
the sooner we adopt the 1.0 labeling the better, as we all want to see
Hadoop adopted in more and more places.

My 2 cents,

-- amr