hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Segel, Mike" <mse...@navteq.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Security
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:18:47 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for jumping in to this late, but has anyone thought about how this could be extended
in to HBase?
I realize this is Hadoop security, but eventually HBase and other apps that sit on top of
hadoop will have to deal with security issues too.

I'm not suggesting that a solution be worked out now, but that the solution for Hadoop can
be extended to cover the apps that sit on top of Hadoop.

Thx

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen O'Malley [mailto:omalley@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:02 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop Security

On Feb 17, 2010, at 9:57 PM, gscse@tce.edu wrote:

>  Analyzed that kerberos cab be used for user authentication.when the
> user
> wants to submit a job he/she can get delegation token followed by
> block
> access token to access data from HDFS.So the client is overloaded with
> initial 2 tickets (kerberos) TGT(Ticket grating Ticket),ST (service
> ticket)followed by delegation token and block access token..Is that
> right??

When the user logs in to the system, they get a TGT. When they want to
submit a job, they'll get two service tickets (one for the Name Node
and one for the Job Tracker). They will get a delegation token from
the NameNode and include that as part of the job. So in total,
submitting a job should only take those 2 interactions with the
Kerberos KDC.

-- Owen

or paper files.