hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to send third parameter
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:05:24 GMT
Saranyu Netmanee wrote:
> How to send third parameter
> into program? Follow command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output1
 tudom  I want sent parameter "tudom" in my program for count websit  tudom used. When I try
run on single node and use same command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log
output2  tudom  have result. But when try run on multiple node with bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar
WebCount webtudom.log output3  tudom no result . I think sending parameter amiss. How to send
third parameter? I use hadoop 0.20.1 version.

1. this is not a developer question. Just because the hadoop developer
team is an email address away does not mean you should mail them. There
are more users than developers, so user lists are the best place to start

2. As you are posting to a developer group, the appropriate answer is:
you are free to look at the source code to see how arguments are parsed.

3. Most people provide configuration options in the XML file