hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Hudson failures with NoClassDefFoundError? (MAPREDUCE-1275)
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:44:28 GMT
For the past couple of weeks, I've seen errors like this popping up on
a lot of Hudson HDFS test-patch builds. It's always
NoClassDefFoundError and I think it's also always occurring for some
cross-project

class dependencies.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I thought at one point
that it was Hudson specific, but I've actually run into it once or
twice on a local build machine as well.

The error is captured in this JIRA:

I'm pointing it out via email since it also affects HDFS (see HDFS-455
recent test patch), so I think it's a Common problem, and it's really
wasting a lot of Hudson test runs.

-Todd